Friday, March 25, 2011

Parrot Product Review Preview

This has been long overdue: A prelude, for Astro contest Phase II.

Rewind Jan 5th 2011
Slow day at the office, no site walk, no project deadline
Parrot needed something to stimulate her mind
Puzzles? Challenges? That's what she needs
So to the interwebs she proceeds

Lands on a page for a Nuffnang / Astro contest
Read the rules, glimpsed at the prizes, parrot's impressed
With nothing to lose and time to spare
Parrot typed away and submitted, then and there

Fast Forward Jan 19 2011
A site visit day, walking through buildings
When a Nuffnang rep called to tell of parrot's winnings
A B.yond PVR and an entry to the next phase
A chance for 3D/2N Sabah getaway

Excited about the win
Lil gnomes in my house excited more than anything
We'll see just what this B.yond can do
On this here nest Parrot will post the review

Pause. 
     Present Day. 
               Today.

It's been weeks since I got the unit installed and 2 weeks since I got the instruction to begin writing my thoughts on it. In the name of 'product review' I've been so engrossed and focused that I've slowly been morphing into an earth apple. Pomme de terre. Potato. Paresseux.

In true couch potato fashion, I only move when commercials come on. Now that I PVR my shows, that's become optional.And I like it. I'll tell you what else I like, in the next Astro related posts.

I've decided to break the review down into:

1. Who, What, Why, How 
2. Promises, Expectations and Reality 
3. Appreciation and Disapproval
4. The Conclusion  I'll think of a nicer title when this comes.

For now, you can follow me on twitter, I'll have Astro related posts there as well. And randomness - that is, when I'm not mesmerized by Nat Geo HD. It's the only break-filler / commercial I watch.

Seriously, watch.


(: nuri.ramli


Next: The Entry That Started It All

2 comments: