Sunday, February 27, 2011

Overcoming Inertia

Objects at rest, stay at rest.

And I've been well rested. Or I was. It's another day-long design workshop and  the intermissions between presentations is when I get to compose posts.


The weekend after is when I find the time to semi-edit and upload. - lazy busy me

February spoils me. Not with Vday but with Malaysia's Federal Territory Day/Mauritian Abolition of Slavery Day, the Lunar New Year, Awal Muharram and just so many public holidays squished into a month, I went into energy-saving mode.

Neglecting the writing, the vid-editing, d'immersion linguistique .. After all, objects at rest, stay at rest. It's a law of physics. Who am I to fight physics? Face Sir Isaac Newton? Good luck, he's a knight!

As a law-abiding citizen of Physics, that is my excuse for being a little paresseuse after a long stretch of public holidays.

Eventually (k)night ends and day begins and you go to a mall, eavesdrop on a sales person and lost Italian women and watch hearing-impaired men and recall a dream made with a Jaguar. The events accumulate and merge into a force capable of overcoming inertia.

But that is a story for another day. It's probably not what Physics professors will say but it works for me.

Speaking of work, zako napa get so lake

It's Old Creole that translates to 'a monkey does not look at its tail.'

Not entirely sure what the proverb means but something along the lines of - I should not look at my own work right now and focus on the ongoing presentations? Yeah.

Ne pas guette la queue.

Monkey me,
(: nuri.ramli

3 comments:

  1. Tough day huh nuri? hehe i still say that i always like reading your post since at the other site. =D

    yip, i still blog hahaha, hard to quit from blogging.

    Nuri, you look adorable in purple, =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww thanx!

    I'm glad you're still blogging. Been a fan since the 'old' days! (:
    I miss the others though /:

    ReplyDelete
  3. ya i'm still at the old blog too..but more active here now he..he i dont know where the others go..kinda miss the old days too..=D

    ReplyDelete