Saturday, April 23, 2011

Astro B.yond PVR: What Does It Do?

The main thing about the astro PVR is the 4 buttons: 

Record | Rewind | Pause | Play 


Record:
The Hard Disk Drive has a capacity of 500GB
That's 100 hours of content in HD
Equivalent to 290 hours in standard definition
That is more TV time than I can imagine

Nonetheless I've used up a substantial amount
Usually record shows when I know im going to be out
But even when I'm in, face shows get recorded anyway
So that I can watch them again any time of the day

Its also useful when you want to watch 2 things at once
The dual tuner makes sure everyone gets what they want
Record a show while watching another live
Or watch a prerecorded show while recording 2 at a time

Things get easier when its a running series
Future episodes can be booked to record as it screens
Theres no need to remember every week to record the show
Clever little astro PVR would already know

Rewind:
The rewind function is self explanatory
You can rewind as you like at varying speeds
4x, 8x, 16x and 30
Then press the play button and it would play appropriately

Use it when you get distracted and missed a part
You can go back to a relevant point and restart
Or perhaps to replay a scene you're fond of
Or to write down the shows recipe for cake fondant

Pause:
Take a break, press the button
Play:
To get the show moving

Theres another button to fast forward
At the same speeds as rewind
But this can only be used on recorded shows
Or if you've paused and Astro managed to buffer in time

Overall Astro delivers what it promises to do
The 4 buttons can change lives for busy people like me and you
For just RM 20 on top of your existing subscription
A pretty good deal that can bring greater satisfaction






For more information on what the "Controller of Digital Time" can do, visit the Astro website. The link HERE will take you to a diagram of the PVR remote control where you can rollover and discover the functions - at your own time of course.


In my next post I'll go through what I like, what raises some eyebrows and perhaps some suggestions. We'll see how it goes.

Aaand *stop*


(: Parrot


Next: Astro B.yond PVR: Oh I Loike It


Note: Would be nice if while watching a recorded program there would be a little indicator somewhere to show that the show being watched is not live.

2 comments:

  1. can it transfer/send the recorded shows to the other astro byond pvr?

    ReplyDelete
  2. because i just buy it now and it takes 3-4 days to install, and then rugby world cup starts today,so i ask my friend to record it for me(using his astro byond) and can he send it to me after i get my astro byond pvr?

    ReplyDelete