Monday, January 10, 2011

*Bounce* Sous Une Pluie de Bonheur

With the weather being as it has been for the past couple of days, Parrot has noticed people getting grumpier, grouchier, more irritable and bitter. And they blame it on the weather, the 'dreaded' rain. Parrot does not understand why.

Je ne comprend pas why people grumble when it rains
Rain brings back memories of parrot's childhood days
Wrapped up in raincoats, boots and an umbrella
Rain meant dancing, jumping puddles while doing the hula

And when the rain would get heavier, inside I go
Next to the heater, snuggled with hot cocoa
Id sit by the window, watching the grey nuage
Searching for lightning to color the clouds

For there's a feeling that comes with listening to thunder
Seeing lightning strike, there's such a power
It reminds me that there are things much greater than me
And so I shouldn't worry about the small things and just be (:

I still sneak those moments when no ones looking
I'd step out and walk slowly when it's drizzling
While everyone else grumbles and say I'll catch a cold
It's them I feel sorry for, they've just gotten old

It's like they can't appreciate what ever weather we're in
If it's rainy or sunny, they're always a grumblin'
They've forgotten how to be carefree and dance in the rain
I wish they'd stop looking at the skies with disdain

Starting off with fluffy clouds all white and pure
They turn to grey, drizzles and downpour
Thunder and lightning, blaze the sky
Then all is calm, and it brings out the smiles

It's as if the world has been washed anew
Toss the umbrella, the raincoat too
Tiptoe into sunshine, bid the clouds farewell
And look out for rainbows .. the arc en ciel

*rain dance* 
(: nuri.ramli

No comments:

Post a Comment