Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Crayons, Cavemen Art and Day-Long Design Workshops

   Parrot: writewritewritewrite
   Gizmo: Are you trying to hypnotize me to write??
   Parrot: Nope, just making penguin sounds

*blinkblink* I too am amazed at how my brain connects things.

But that's how it works. 

I bet if penguins had access to wide keyboards, they would writewrite away with their flippers. Birds rock like that.

And congratulations to gizmo for finally writing! And consistently too. *impressed*

I wish I could write consistently. Unfortunately some days I just run out of hours.
While other days the hours are just too too  l o n g.

Like today yesterday.

One of those days where a parrot is cooped up indoors for those day-long design workshops. Without a laptop. D:

On the plus side, a lot of information was absorbed and my notebook is filled with lots of ideas in doodle form

It's my note-taking style, ok? I do the same when I'm learning a new language. I'll make a sketch next to the newly learned word/phrase. It helps build a story.


It's like, caveman art. I'm primitive like that.

Just like how I refuse to get an iPhone, a BlackBerry or any other 'smartphone' that keeps me perpetually connected to the rest of the world.

I'm quite happy with solid writing surfaces, sharpie markers and/or a box of crayons.

I wish restaurants would put out crayons for adults too.

I color my own lines,
(: nuri.ramli


ps. happy bornday pirate!

5 comments:

  1. hmmm..its been a whil;e since i have seen a good personal blog..keep posting..

    and btw my blog is http://www.indiaumustsee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was hypnotized to write and I just have a lot of hours at hand in the freezer..nice blog by the way! love the purplish colors...so reminds me of barney :p

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well you can always go to Canoodling restaurant in Bangsar Village 2 if you want to play with crayons while waiting for your food to be ready :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. They hand them out to adults without that 'disapproving-please-grow-up' look? Awesome.

    ReplyDelete