Friday, April 27, 2012

Googling Birds

Since I moved back here I've been on the hunt for what I call the Woot-Woot bird, a bird that goes wooooot! wooooot! every morning and again before sunset.


Is it an owl? I dunno. I've never seen it.
Over the years I've looked high and lowIn the trees, the sky, under rooftops nearbyI've asked around, even imitated its soundBut this woot-woot bird, no one seems to know
Which made Googling for it impossible.


How do you google for something with no visual cues, only an attempt at onomatopoeia. There ought to be an audio input option, hooked up to an audio recognition software that would return similar audio results.


In the meantime, here's the 'proper' way to google:




Note how audio is not one of the search inputs. Fortunately when it comes to Zoizo, I only know what he looks like and not how he sounds.


Using the keywords yellow bird and decurved beak, I image-searched for something that would look a little like this:




Playing the matching game of apple to apples, Zoizo is an olive-backed yellow sunbird!


He could be buddies with the yellow sunbears.


(: Biz

No comments:

Post a Comment